Wednesday, January 2, 2008

My New Year's Resolution for 2008

Happy new year everybody (especially the people who gave me my 54 views so far lol)!

Every year I do this. I think of a new year's resolution and convince myself that I will be able to do it (whether it is going to the gym or picking up a hobby or whatever). As you might have predicted by the time you finished the last sentence, come February, I have forgotten what that resolution was as well as the fact that I have made a new year's resolution in the first place.

This year is a different story. My new year's resolution is very simple, but a very important one:

صلة الرحم

I'm not that bad at keeping in touch with the family though. I see my parents and siblings several times a week (since I live pretty close to their house). But what about the rest? My uncles and their families? My many many cousins from both sides of the family? And it's not just my own family ties, but my friends as well. I have to make an effort to see these people on more occasions, not just Eid. After all, Bahrain is definitely a small world!

It is very important to keep in touch, simply put, because it shows that you care. A lot of us take that for granted. Have you ever been in a situation where someone you know (maybe love dearly) suddenly died, and you never made the time to tell them how you felt? If your answer is no, then you should adopt my new year's resolution as your own before it's too late. If you don't, you are taking a risk in that the next time you get asked that question, your answer would be yes.

To my family and my friends: I am sorry. I will try my best to stay in touch with you more. But I have to ask you to return the favor as well, because it will make it easier on the both of us!

PS. My OTHER new year's resolution is to return to hard music. It's always been my niche and I have explored the other corners of electronic music styles for far too long.


2 comments:

khalid said...

hey... do u know where i can get an i phone in bahrain.. geant are out and kondor aswell.. if you do can you please email me on khalidalthawadi@hotmail.com

thanx

Jaim said...

sup jaim,

hope to see more of you at our gatherings since it's your resolution :P

But seriously, I lost my dear grandma without being able to keep in touch with her despite her being only minutes away :(

Yeah you should definitely stay in touch with your loved ones cuz al a3maar byad allah and you never know who might be next. It could be anyone, sad, harsh but true. God Bless...