Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Lost || 1.1.3 || Remix

Oh crap I forgot I had a blog! Guess I was too busy with my new year's resolution LOL.

So much has been going on! The iPhone hackers have figured out the 1.1.3 jailbreak, two major fiber cables have disrupted our torrent-tv-show-episode download streak at the WORST possible time (the return of LOST) and the remix requests are still coming in!

I didn't bother upgrading to 1.1.3 yet. Apparently it's quite simple, but very time consuming (depending on your internet connection), and it is VERY IMPORTANT that you do not use iTunes to upgrade the firmware! You require an already jailbroken 1.1.1 iPhone (OTB 1.1.1 or lower). Follow the instructions to upgrade to 1.1.2. Then, in AppTapp Installer, install the Official 1.1.3 Upgrader software, which will download a 165 MB file onto your iPhone to patch it and allow you to use the new firmware jailbroken. Go here or here to read the full instructions. If you upgraded with this method, you can still downgrade if desired.

Lost is back! And because of the writer's strike, this season will only have 8 episodes. That SUCKS, but what to do. It's better to have something than have nothing at all (right Fareed?). I searched for an update of the cable fixing status on google, and found out a third cable has been cut near Sri Lanka as well (the first being near Alexandria, Egypt). Conspiracy theories have emerged claiming the U.S. is responsible for these cuts which were aimed mainly at Iran. Iran's internet is back, but some say the traffic has now been rerouted to pass through the UK and US. Also some say that Israel and Iraq were not affected by this cut at all. Hmmmmm...

Dima's "Empty" was released on Surge on January 24th and is now available for purchase from beatport.com! It features remixes by Balzan, Neos Deos, Serge Blake and myself! You can have a listen to my version on my virb page. The next release that features me on the remix will be a single by my Tunisian friend DJ Mourad called "CIK5", which is also available for streaming on my virb page. By the end of February I should have the next remix "done & dusted" and ready to stream!

That's all for now. Oh but before I end this post, I think it is worth mentioning that Beatport have released a free 16 track download featuring "the hottest tracks from the last 4 years" in honor of their 4th year online. Go here to download (I think you have to be registered though!).

1 comment:

Freddie said...

OH yeah, Jaim. Lost is back and yeah thanks to that damned strike we could well have a short season but I heard talks are going towards a positive so it could save the season after all or have a small break and extend the season a bit, most important thing is that they don't rush it and have perfect episodes instead of just having pure shit. I don't mind having a perfect mini season 4 and have the remaining 8 distributed so that seasons 5 n 6 have 20 episodes instead of 16 each.